31 July 2018
I tried this before. In fact, I tried to do this just two months ago. I wanted to write one blog post every day, and publish these posts as soon as possible.
August is my favourite month of the year. I will write about the reason for that soon. That is why I am going to try to write one blog post every day for a month. Again.
I can write a post every day. I will be writing about any kind of topic that I think of. Sometimes I read a meme and it triggers an idea. I hope that happens throughout this coming month. Sometimes I hear a song and it triggers an idea, or I see a news story, and that triggers an idea to write about. I don’t have fixed topic I write about, although I do have some pet loves that I write about more than others. Those readers who have been following me for a while – if there are any – would have notices a long time ago that I do not have a fixed topic that I write about. I am all over the place when it comes to topics, really.
I do not, however, have reliable and available wifi spots. I use these, because my only alternative is mobile data, and that is to expensive. So I can’t publish my posts every day.
In any case. Join me on this ride of daily writing. Please follow me, comment on my posts, and share it if you want to and/or if you enjoy the writing.
31 July 2018: Introduction to August 2018 in my blogging evolution [Or: Blog a day in August]
01 August 2018: Where is our power? Where is Eskom?
02 August 2018: Talking about prayer
Blog-a-day-June… Sonday, 3 June
I think it was the coldest morning today thus far this year.
Every year, during the July/winter holidays, I go to a small Mpumalanga town called Kinross for an outreach. There it is cold almost 100% of the year. At least, it feels that way to me. I am from Rustenburg, where it is almost always warm or hot!
This morning, I compared the cold in Rustenburg to a “cool” April day in Kinross.
The outreach only starts in 3 weeks. I am afraid of the cold that is waiting for me if I am this cold already!
Friday, 1 June
“I want to blog every day.” These are words I recently read on one of those “advertising pages” on Facebook where people share their blog posts and blog sites.
I also know it is something similar to what I say when I start to write again after a long absence from blogging. And normally those kinds of resolutions last for about two weeks, at most, before dying down again.
I don’t know how long it will last this time.
I want to try to write a post every day for the next 30 days. I want to call it my own “Blog-a-day-June”.
I already know what will happen. I will not post every day. I live on a small holding outside Rustenburg. I do not have wifi at home. I also do not get to connect to a wifi spot every day. So I will post the posts I write, maybe 3 on one day at some stages.
I know what else will happen. I don’t know if I will be able to write some awesome and new content on every day. So some posts might be a reflection on some news or sport story that happens, or I might write a post about a song I like (maybe even the words only).
But I am going to at least write one post every day… And post most of them onto my blogsites.
02 June 2018: Unpacking boxes
03 June 2018: Extremely cold!
04 June 2018: PE Monday
05 June 2018: Not-registration day
06 June 2018: Research
07 June 2018: Mugg & Bean
08 June 2018: PE Friday
09 June 2018: Savings idea
10 June 2018: Comrades
11 June 2018: Countdown to World Cups
12 June 2018: Mugg & Bean Rustenburg
13 June 2018: Eskom consequences
14 June 2018: Soccer World Cup kick-off
15 June 2018: Spain vs Portugal
16 June 2018: Youth day 2018
17 June 2018: Father’s Day 2018… no father
Iewers het ek raakgelees: “Wat irriteer jou?”
Ek wil die vraag vir jou vra… Wat irriteer jou?
Ek antwoord sommer gou my eie vraag…
– Wat my deesdae irriteer, is mense wat aan die linkerkant by my verby ry, terwyl daar nie ‘n baan is vir verkeer nie. Gewoonlik is dit spitverkeer. En daar is reeds ‘n lang ry karre wat wag vir die verkeerslig of stopstraat. Almal wag hulle beurt af. Dan sal iemand verby jou jag aan die linkerkant, baiekeer ‘n klomp stof ry, en dan daar voor gaan indruk, om ook oor die straat te kom. Gevolglik moet ek nog langer wag. Sy verskoning is waarskynlik heel geldig… Hy kan nie laat kom vir sy volgende afspraak nie. Wel, eintlik ‘n swakkerige verskoning, want meeste in die lang ry karre wat wel hulle beurt afwag, is waarskynlik ook oppad na ‘n afspraak.
– Nog iets wat my irriteer: Mense wat al swat gebeur in SA blameer op rassisme, regstellende aksie, ens… (Dalk veralgemeen ek baie erg daarmee, maar na verlede Sondag se Rapport, is dit hoe ek die afgelope ruk voel.)
– As ek mense sien en dit lyk of hulle my ken OF hulle lyk bekend, maar ek kan nie onthou vanwaar af ek hulle ken nie. Ek weet nooit of ek so iemand moet groet of nie moet groet nie. (Dis dalk nie regtig ‘n irritasie nie)
– Ek loop iemand raak wat ek ken, en ek weet daardie persoon ken my (hy’t my Sondag in die kerk gegroet!). Hy kyk my direk in die oë, en loop dan verder asof ek deurskynend is. En dit irriteer my nog méér as ek gegroet het en hy groet nie terug nie. (En as daardie persoon my dan Sondag vra waarom ek hom nie groet in die Mall nie, wel….)
– Anglisismes… Engelse woorde wat direk in Afrikaans gesê word, terwyl daar klaar twee moontlike Afrikaanse woorde daarvoor bestaan. Mens hoor die goed nogal baie van kansels af (weet, die predikante gebruik dit), en mense wat werk vir ATKV van alle plekke! En op RSG… luister bietjie.
So, wat irriteer jou?